BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 8, 2009

Marathon

This past weekend felt like a marathon, but was so worth all the traveling. On Friday night after I finished orientation for the day, I drove up to Springfield to spend the evening with my mom and grandma. We went to the last night of the annual Carillon Festival out at Washington Park to watch the fireworks displays. If you live in Springfield and you've never been, you are missing out! It was so good!

On Saturday, I drove up to Bloomington to see a pretty important guy in my life. We made dinner (a.k.a. he made dinner while I talked to him) and went over to his brother Michael and sister-in-law Holly's house to play bags and hang out. Here are a few pictures from our fun evening together:
















































On Sunday, I went to church with Bryan, Michael, and Holly at Journey Family Fellowship, and then drove back to Springfield with Bryan to attend a graduation party. After the party, Bryan caught the train back to Bloomington, and I headed back to St. Louis for week 2 of my orientation.

Tomorrow is my last full day of general nursing orientation (and I'm so glad!). Some of the things we talked about today were interesting, but it mostly has to do with taking care of kids. I lost count of how many times the person lecture said, "oh, except for in the NICU." Working with the babies is so different from working with kids, so unfortunately a lot of the topics discussed in this first part of orientation don't really apply to what I'll be doing.

Fortunately though, we have NICU orientation on Wednesday and Thursday of this week in the mornings and all day on Friday! Hooray! I can't wait to learn as much as I can about being a great nurse to these babies!

"Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts. They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will meditate on your wonderful works." Psalm 145:3-5

3 comments:

bethmarie said...

Sam! I am so glad to hear how awesome things are going in your life right now. I love hearing about your life now, even though you're busy and so am I. I miss you a lot, I love you more and I am praying for you!!! <3
Beth

Gale said...

Dear Sam,
I am glad that orientation is going so well for you. I look forward to reading your next post on the orientation for the NICU.

Alina & I went right through your neighborhood yesterday after taking Grandma to the airport and spending some time at the Galleria. I didn't have any way of contacting you but figured you were busy anyway. We drove right past the children's hospital! We were thinking of you!

I love the pictures you posted of You, Bryan, Michael, & Holly. ... and I love your blog! We are praying for you daily.

Anonymous said...

Sam- been thinking about you and your move, I'm glad it looks like you are doing well!! I hope you have a great summer adjusting to living there!